Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice

Days like this make me miss Lubbock. The roads were covered with ice this morning so deep that even I got to come into work late. This is a miracle. I sipped my coffee while watching the Oxygen Network and just enjoyed my morning. Usually I am rushing to throw on the coffee and get out the door by 7:30 AM.

From what I understand lots of folks in my 'ville of West Texas are imprisoned in their home. I stole this from my friend's blog and I like it...

From the book Walking With God by John Eldredge.

"I'm sitting on the porch of our cabin listening to the rain on the tin roof and watching it fall on all my plans for the day. I cannot hike. I cannot do chores. I cannot fish. the mud is so deep, I cannot drive anywhere. I'm trapped. Pinned down. With myself and God. There is nothing I can do but pay attention to what surfaces inside of me when I cannot charge into the day. I am paying attention... This rain is a mercy."

Sometimes I think we all feel like this man, but we try to escape in any way possible. Sometimes when it is very dark and late at night we all get this feeling, but many choose to ignore it. The ice was this mercy for many... It's actually a very neat thing if we'd only stop to listen.


No comments: