Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Media Diva Productions

WWWW.MEDIADIVAPRODUCTIONS.BLOGSPOT.COM

I launched a blog for my slideshow productions. Yes, launched. I feel so professional. You see, for the past few months my friends have been bugging me to do slideshows for others because I did it for fun. I would spend hours and hours on slideshows with video and photos for my loved ones just to put online. Anna, my friend who is a wedding planner told me she has clients paying like $400 for this type of thing... What??!! I feel horrible charging that much when it is so easy for me. So I decided I'd charge about $50 - $200 depending on the work. I did one for a friend of his kid's sports highlights with all video. It took me a few days, but it was a test so I did it for $10! Then it was too large to email the file so I cannot show it off!!! He says Jaxon shows it to everyone and he watched it over and over. That is why I do it.

Why did I call it Media Diva Productions? Well, forever the name J. Gray Productions rang. NO, I am not married, but I liked it! Nick laughed and I told him I could tell people he was my business partner. It rhymed! Then J.A. Productions... boring... so I have named my normal blog after "diva" and it is just a joke with me all of the time so I decided to keep the theme going. And it's catchy!

I started this a looong time ago... When my mom turned 43 I was in eighth grade and I placed all of these photos up and filmed them with our little camcorder. I had music going in the background. She cried and cried. I was excited! So after that I figured out how to piece together video and music for my basketball highlights. I even got to where I would make slideshows for friends for graduation and birthdays. Then when I was a news reporter we edited our own stories. I got to use high level technology to piece together my news stories. If you want to know how old I am when I first went into news we did tape to tape editing... it was difficult! Then we went into non linear editing with all of the computer software.

So for my birthday Nick got me an editing software equivalent to what I used in Tyler and Abilene and Dad and Brenda got to me equipment to change old VCR tapes into DVDs. I have had the best time working on home videos and slideshows for others. So it's just for fun for me. I made one yesterday that for a woman's husband and she said she cried and cried. Victory!!! My best friend wants me to do one of her baby's first year of life... I shall tackle that next, but that will take a while! Choosing music... finding photos... all that jazz! I love it!!! It's so worth it in the end.

Anyway... so I'm becoming a shameless plug of my passion. If anyone you know needs some crying in their life... of happiness... here I am... I would love to charge $400... ha... I'm wondering if they do all of the actual photos and videos and give you lots and lots of extras because that might be insane to me. If it's straight photos I charge $50. If it's a lot of videos and photos and music and mixtures I charge $100 to $150. I hate talking money. I'll put my newest one on here. I pieced it together to show a sample for Father's Day. Not sure Dad has watched it yet! He has seen me make him a thousand things with photos and he deserves it. Maybe soon I'll have business cards. Anna wants to pass them out to clients. I guess they are used to paying $500 for this so boo ya!!! Haha... I'm learning to follow my passions in life. God gives us gifts for a reason. I guess one of my gifts is making people cry. And that's a pretty good gift!!!

No comments: