Thursday, January 3, 2019

Be Better

Be Better.

I kept trying to think of the perfect New Years Resolution and they all kept running together. I saw someone on social media simply said, Be Better. Yep, that's it. Be better in all I do. Be a better mom, a better wife, a better everything. Work out better, eat better, blah blah blah... I failed in my attempt at being better with cooking when my cornbread casserole tasted like gritty dirt casserole... so I fail, I win, it all evens out.

I decided to jump back in my blog because I want to document life and randomly a few people asked me about it. I stopped for fear I would offend someone because we offend in everything we say and do nowadays. My child has a gender and I'm offending someone, my gosh. Oh well. I wanted to be raw instead of perfect. Sometimes I feel like the only mom that is failing until I tell someone and they say the same thing happened to them. Everyone paints this perfect picture. Even my social media seems my boys and family are just happy all of the time! Can I please show where I had to call Santa because my three year old kept jumping in the middle of my laundry after I told him to stop multiple times? Can I please show where I am totally spoiling my baby with sleeping and he may never go to his crib? I always fear saying anything raw because automatically I feel inferior. I feel like I won't be as good as those other women out there that have it all. I'm just me and that's how it just has to be. I've always worked too hard to seem perfect and I fall flat so just give in and be you. Well, that is easily said and not easily done, but it's a start to show yourself as raw in posts. This doesn't mean I stop spray tanning because my entire family hates the fakeness or stop painting my nails or obsessing over my boys' wardrobe. That's just me.

So I will try to write more so I can get things out on paper and try not to offend. I need to document these crazy little boys. They are so much fun and insane at the same time. Walker has the biggest personality and is also pretty darn smart. He's stubborn and feisty. He has the best imagination and can play alone, but loves to play with friends. No one is a stranger. Carter is chill at times, then very opinionated with how he likes to sit and sleep at other times. He talks a lot and smiles at people so I'm guessing he will be very social.

Okay, time to be better. I have articles to write for a wedding website I write for and I'm procrastinating so that is not being better! Off to it.

Let's see if these are raw or normal or just look normal ;)...

Plano Tree Lighting... it rained crazy on us, but we had just gotten under the smores tent! I wanted a perfectly posed picture, but it just wasn't happening. We all look jolly though.


 Before the tree lighting I forced them to pose. They didn't hate me for it.
 

Now this is real life. They didn't feel like posing in their matching clothes. I thought it was a perfect photo op, but nope. 


Every year we get a family picture at the Christmas Eve party. Well, this year Walker and I were deathly sick with a cold. We don't look that great or feel that great, but we still posed. It was a tough night as we hacked and just felt bad overall, but we still enjoyed ourselves as much as possible. 


Carter is wearing what Walker wore his first Christmas Eve. Love it. He did really well at church so that made me happy. 


 We tried to get a cool family photo at Gaylord ICE. These crazies wouldn't both look at the camera. 


Walker was so sick, but he sure could still cheese for the camera.


Usually I make Carter smile for his pictures, but this was just adorable. He likes his new Wonky Donkey.


Walker is so into being a construction man. Or a shovel worker, as he calls it. Batman shirt and PJs, what else can a little boy want?


I have to include the amazing grandparents on both sides. They love these kids. Papa Mark hanging out with Walker. They have a lot of fun together.

 

 NeNe reading a book to both crazies. Walker loved to snuggle with her this time. In the past he was too cool for her.  

 

Santa came to the Gray's Neighborhood Christmas Party. He was a big hit.  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Julie! Let's encourage each other :-)

Amy