Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I leave in an hour to make my way to the river. It seems a bit college-ish to float the river, but in all reality it's an escape from just that - reality. I don't know how to relax, but when I go to the river it's cool and just fun and everyone is really neat. Last time we went we had a group filled with people from England, Russia, Mexico and Germany... we go with Nick's best friend, Tony and his group from Houston and they have a lot of friends from different places.

Needless to say... I won't be in front of my computer for Father's Day.

My Dad and I have been through so much and I have written about it and could write about it for days. He is one of my best friends. He is my hero. He is amazing. He has been eating right lately and making me smile even. Dad shows me what it means to work hard and reap the awards. He is a great leader and a good hearted Christian man. He has a wild streak deep inside him which I see glimpses of at times. Growing up Dad and I would make Mom laugh and annoy her with our crazy antics. He gave me piggy back rides and told me bedtime stories. He had a quick temper so I was a good little girl! He hated all boys I brought home! He wrote me a letter one time in 7th grade when I didn't have a date to the football game and made me laugh by acting like a little kid who said I was cute! Mom and I were very close as gals, but I was always my Dad's little girl. After Mom passed away it was hard for us to figure out how to make it without her. We were a three legged family and without her we didn't have a huge part of our system. We were a family that did everything together and without her it seemed impossible at that time. As the days passed and as God looked down upon us we learned how to walk again and how to live. We learned to be friends and to be supportive of one another. I remember as a freshman in college before Mom passed that I began to see my parents more as friends than parents. It just happens as you grow up and learn they are normal and we all turn into them!!! It has been a tough journey at times! I thank God for blessing me to not only be a part of the Adams lineage of amazing men like my own Dad, but for letting me be the daughter of Joe Mark Adams.














No comments: