Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The River

I love floating the river! Nick and I met everyone in New Braunfels at this amazing little house on Friday night. There were about 20 of us. We first went to the GristMill which was so cool because it is next to Gruene Hall, the oldest dance hall in Texas. I roamed around watching the dancers and listening to the music. The next morning we all got up early and ate Gian Carlo's chefmatic breakfast and were ready to hit the river. There were so many neat people with us. Nick's best friend, Tony and his girlfriend, Katie have the neatest group. There were people there from Russia, Sri Lanka, Katie is from England and Gian Carlo I mentioned before is from Italy! I always learn so much from them. The river is still in flood mode so there was a lot of destruction on the sides. It was pretty sad. The float lasted five hours and the water sure was cold so by five hours I was ready to go! I loved the peacefulness of floating and just hanging out though. When we got back we just hung out on the deck for hours talking to everyone. That is the way I love to spend summer nights! Nick and I got up early the next day and went to The Oasis in Austin for lunch. It had gorgeous views!!! We had such a nice time with good friends.

No comments: