Monday, June 9, 2014

George Strait-A-Palooza

I witnessed history this weekend. The George Strait Concert welcomed 105,000 people, a record crowd to watch the cowboy ride away! We went with Nick's parents, Sean and Karen & Jason and Angela. First off Asleep at the Wheel played for about an hour. They gave a shoutout to Big Spring and to Jody Nix! That made me very excited! We knew there were many headliners, but we had no idea they would all play with him! The stage saw Vince Gill, Sheryl Crow, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, Miranda Lambert, Alan Jackson and Eric Church.Martina and Faith are two of my very favorite singers. Nick is in love with Kenny. Man, it was just so entertaining. The place was filled with girls in lace dresses and boots! I wore my lace dress, but since I sprained my toe, I wore my sandals! George played the entire time!!! At the end they all came up and sang with him. It was such a treat. I love country music and knew many of the songs so it was just amazing. My best friend, Chandra has a newborn so she wasn't in attendance, but she was sure there in spirit. I felt like she should have come instead of me because I've always enjoyed George, but I wasn't die hard about him. He is just a true performer. Lots of times country music gets skewed and changed from the good ole days, but this was just classic and extraordinary.














No comments: