Saturday, September 12, 2015

Fires of Life


It's been a long, crazy week that ended with a fun day of football. The cat is in my lap, the dog is asleep on the bed, the kid is asleep in his little rocker and the husband is happily watching football. Sounds good to me.

Walker has found his smile and his tongue which is very funny. He also has found a new pouty face that makes me laugh hysterically. He smiles mostly in the morning and at night. If he has a bath, he is crazy with happiness. He still has his fussy times during the day. We have been putting him on his activity mat and he is starting to really enjoy that as well. I'm having a blast dressing him and finding clothes for him. So not a boy thing, but it excites me! He's beginning to be a lot of fun! He truly loves his nightly walks and his bath time.

We had a tough week as Nick was hit in my car. He's fine, just some pretty deep bruising on his ribs and a few other places. When he called he didn't know if he was hurt and I didn't really think twice so I ran out of the house with Walker actually in his Ergo carrier on me! (The base of the carseat was in the Murano that was hit!)... The wreck was just around the corner, but still, I know I cannot win Mom of the Year or anything... so we race over there and he's on the curb. I was mad just because it was the first emotion that hit because I was scared so I barked at him about not looking twice and he kept saying it wasn't his fault. I don't trust people to stop at red lights so I always remain cautious so I was just mad. I should've been a lot sweeter, but I was scared in that moment... so they put him the ambulance and I'm totally clueless. I'm a tough cookie, but I wish the first responders had treated me like the clueless chick I was at that point. It makes me worry for the future if something happens again if I don't ask the right questions I'll be left in the dark. The ambulance man told me I needed to talk to the firemen about getting Walker and I to the hospital... he told me he had to transport Nick so I needed to go. Umm okay... where are you taking him? The firemen told me to bring my carseat to the station and they would install it in the other car. I just kept asking where they were going because I have no clue where many hospitals in this town are! I called a neighbor who thankfully took Walker for me so I then still took the carseat to the station... which during this time Nick is being transported... I knew he probably wasn't hurt that bad, but you just never know about freak things so I was pretty annoyed sitting there while they took their time installing the seat. But, I'm glad they took their time so it was done correctly! I finally found the hospital and then I got very mad. The ER people said he wasn't in the system so I needed to wait 15 minutes. What if my husband had been dying and I am just standing there?! Oh, and they didn't acknowledge me for 10 minutes while helping the man in front of me. I asked after 15, nope, still not here, go wait... WHAT?! Thank GOD Nick was calling me at this time and I knew he was fine. This hospital was near the Strip so it was filled with many random people and just crazy. I stood in a corner just waiting and texting. Didn't know what else to do to kill the time. It was nothing like the other hospitals we've seen here while looking at where to give birth. Finally we figured out he was in Trauma and not ER so I went over there and got right in. They were all very nice. The police came and gave accounts from both sides. After lots of tests we finally got to take Nick home. Poor guy was in a lot of pain, still is. Rib pain is just the worst because you cannot do much about it. The car is gone and I'll get a new one, but the most important thing is no one was badly hurt.

Ahhh so here we are. Awaiting the nicer temps that are said to come this week. So excited to take Walker on more walks and just enjoy time in the park with him. We are also looking forward to visitors and then looking forward to visiting West Texas!!! We also may go on a mini vacation next weekend, we shall see... I never take anyone or anything for granted. The worst thing about me at times is I get tough when I'm scared. I sure do love deeply though. Family and friends are simply the most important things in life. You forget all the debris around you and the world when it comes to loved ones. A fire burned down a historic church in Abilene today and a lone Bible sat in the middle of the embers, the inside untouched. Such as life. The fire burns around us, but the guts that matter remain full of light.

No comments: