Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Go West

After the last few weeks I was truly missing home! I love to go home in the Fall.

Brenda took me out shopping Saturday to the little specialty stores and Academy. I can never find anything Texas Tech here! We also hit the mall up for some good little deals. As we walked through Dillards I had a flashback of growing up as we were always in that store. My mother loved Dillards! For one minute I was a little girl again walking through the mall. When we got back to the house we found Dad working on his motorcycle. Now, they have spent the past few weeks getting their bathroom redone. It is gorgeous! It has this huge super shower and granite countertops. I love it! So they had been working out in the work shed getting ready to put things back in the bedroom, but Dad had to take the opportunity to tune up that motorcycle! The football game played as we walked in the house. Ahhh now that is Fall!

Brenda and I worked hard on cake balls that night. It was a long process and she is much neater than me at decorating. They turned out really yummy!

Sunday we took the motorcycles to this german fest out in St. Lawrence. This is a very tiny town with a famous festival. I rode with Brenda and Dad took his own. It is neat to ride as the wind whips at your face. We rode to Big Spring to pick up Howard and Vicki then made the trek to the festival. It was so neat and so fun to all be together. Everyone there was so kind. I'm not used to this all of the time in Dallas. Everyone chatted and made friends. Here sometimes people try to hard to impress one another. I was having a truly good time. The way back was calm as there is not much to look at, but it was fine with me. It was just so nice to be out riding through the nice weather.

The time always comes to an end much too quickly. I love being with Dad and just talking and also hanging out with Brenda. It's nice to get back though to the grind and grocery shop and torture Nick and all that jazz! We are off to Lubbock next weekend so the adventures never stop. Hey, if I can find any excuse to go to West Texas I am right on it!!! It will always be my home.

No comments: