Monday, August 16, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

They say summer is gone, but I beg to differ. The air outside is thick and hot. I love it like this, but I am getting a bit tired of it. When even Julie Adams cannot lay in the sunshine due to miserable heat then it just might be too hot!

Let me tell you about my insane weekend. Friday night was the best in the world. I met Jana, Jordan and Stacy at Uncle Julios for a girls night. We had such a good time talking and laughing. We then went to Stacy’s new apartment and just hung out for a while. It is so important to have strong girlfriends. We may be married, single or dating – no matter what – we need girl time. We took a few great pictures, but the only one Jordan gave me was this crazy one below where we are being funny. I think I was attempting a strange face, but it looks like I am just gritting my teeth. Love them.



Saturday I am getting ready to lay out with the girls when my phone rings. Mitchell, my old photographer and now new director for Red Raider Roadshow says he is on his way. I am like, cool, we are shooting a promo tomorrow… he is like, Julie, are you ready? Our story is at 2…. I totally forgot. This was the first story for our show… OH DEAR. I went like a tornado to get ready. So when I release the story on the web you will need to understand why I have on a cute green dress instead of a red one… no time!!! We went to the DFW Alumni Sendoff and interviewed a bunch of kids and parents… so fun!!! It was so great to hear their stories. I felt so old and just wanted to turn back time and be going to college!!! This time TEN YEARS AGO I was going through Rush!!! Oh my gosh!!! Mitchell is going to edit the story and put it in the Tech websites this week so I will be sharing it… who knows what it turned out like… I felt a bit rusty!!!

Nick and I got me a new big screen and mounted it on my wall yesterday. I was so proud of it (We sold mine for $200 and the man sold this new 37 inch wall mounted one to me for $275 – so $75 out of my pocket!)… until my phone bit the dust and I had to throw out another $100 for a new phone… thank goodness I was able to sign another contract and get that discounted price… but, I don’t have hundreds to just be throwing at technology!!! Maybe I should have been easier on the phone before… but, God knows I am so clumsy and either run into walls or ram my technology into the ground! It’s very annoying!!! I’ve been in this mode of updating things as I can and just getting things here and there. My dad taught me that you cannot buy things all at once. You have to get things as you go. When he and Mom first got married they were right out of college and lived in an apartment. There was no way at that time to buy your entire furniture set! I’d love to be able to buy everything new for my room at one time, but I just wait and get things as time rolls and I am able to do so. It’s just a process of growing up and changing things as you go. I will never rid of my Mom’s chair. It reminds me of her and I enjoy to sit in it at times. So there are some things no matter what you just do not rid of… Another thing – this HUGE teddy bear of Mom’s… he is ragged and sad, but he sits in my closet! Some things are just plain meaningful!!!

Summer summer summer… don’t leave me yet…

No comments: