29 years of birthdays and parties. One week from today I am 30. We are having a big dinner with friends at St. Ann's downtown then Nick is whisking me away on a surprise adventure!!! I love birthdays!!!
1. I am pretty adorable. Here starts the Pink Panther cake. I loved him.
2. We would have big gatherings with neighbors and family friends. I was the only child, grandchild and niece so I didn't have cousins, but I had a lot of extended family members!!!
3. I sure did love Pink Panther.
4. We held another party at the house. This was the first party, I think, that the Stewarts were at as I know Stephanie and I have been friends since we were three and four years old!
5. We had a lot of parties at the church skating. We would skate and play basketball. Vicki always made me an amazing cake.
6. We were at Skateland! I was so excited because my cousin made her daughter and I matching shirts! We were all so young in this picture. Six years old seems like a million years ago. I'm still friends with many people in this picture.
7. Is that a Pink Panther cake? Ah how I love him.
8. Alf. Enough said.
9. I love this picture because it is my two very best friends, Chandra and Stephanie with me. I had a Bart cake! Jordan was my boyfriend back then, too, and they kept telling me he was there, but he wasn't!
10. It snowed us out and we couldn't go skating so we moved the party to my house. We lived it up. I love the Michael Jordan cake! We all played in the snow and played board games. What a great age!
11. We had a cupcake fight at Skateland. I loved every minute of it! My little boyfriend, Jordan and I got to couple skate!
12. I guess I wanted to wear a blazer and look like a business lady! 12 seems so young now. We had a big party where four of us hosted all wearing our jean outfits and we invited almost our whole class. We danced... but, far away from one another!
13. We had a big slumber party at my house. My poor parents of a 13 year old! That was the time when you prank called and toilet papered houses. Man, we had fun!!!
14. I must say 14 was not my "prettiest" year... bangs, braces, brows... I rock, I know.
15. I don't remember much about that birthday. I guess I was a freshman. My life revolved around basketball. I probably had a game on my actual birthday. I did many years! I remember having a get together, but we didn't take any pictures!!!
16. My mom tried to throw me a surprise party, but you can never surprise me! Even in high school I had too many different friends in different groups to figure out who I wanted there! We had everyone over for cake and ice cream! I got a green Mustang as my first car and I proudly drove it to Student Council on my actual birthday!
17. In this picture I had gotten home and Heddy had decorated my door. I had one of the best birthdays that year, but I don't know why. It was just so much fun and I got so many neat things. My mom sent me that stuffed animal to school. I named him T.C. for TCBY because we went there that night!
18. We were seniors in high school... I just remember not really caring as much about 18 when I had always heard it was this amazing birthday. We all went over to celebrate in Midland at Chilis then went to a movie.
19. My first year in college. Oh man. We had a big party at a sorority sister's house and the cops came and made everyone leave! I wore this crazy pink shirt that made me look like a vinyl Barbie doll. I thought I was pretty cool.
20. We had a pre party so these were three of my friends from Big Spring that came! It was Boys Bid Night so we hit Greek Circle that night.
21. The infamous 21st birthday. Cohen came down to surprise me!
22. Last year in college. We had a party at the house after Jana, Stephi, me and Andrea went to Cafe J for dinner.
23. I think for my birthday we all went to Chilis. This is my very best friend, Chandra. She missed my 21st birthday to go skiing and knows she will never live it down.
24. Abilene, Texas. We went out after work to a little place by KTAB. I was dating some new guy and he was there, too. We went bowling for another part of the party!
25. Tyler, Texas. I had my reporter friends and church friends in one place. It was great!
26. I had just moved to Dallas so I went back to Tyler for my birthday party. I was so sick that I could hardly speak!!!
27. Blackfinn in Dallas. I invited too many people, but we had such a fun time dancing and singing!!!
28. We had a Korean Karaoke Party. It was so much fun and wildly insane!
29. Each year in Dallas we try to get the Big Springers with January birthdays together on one day for one big celebration. Tara & Lauren both share January with me.