Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Before 30

I found the quotes below online. I don't like turning 30 because I don't like getting older and I don't like feeling like I am on this clock racing forward and I am falling behind! On the other hand I like turning 30 because I have more wisdom and life keeps getting better. I swear if I see a wrinkle I will kill it with Botox and if I see a gray hair I will pull it out!!! Oh dear oh dear...

Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty. - Robert Frost

When you turn thirty, a whole new thing happens: you see yourself acting like your parents. - Blair Sabol

Everything I know I learned after I was thirty. - Georges Clemenceau

The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits. - Hervey Allen

I flew home this weekend to celebrate with family. On Friday night D'Layna and Donna came to meet us for dinner. It was such a great present to me. They are two of my favorite people. We ate with them and then went back to the house to catch up. Layna is growing up... She is such a good little girl. I am so proud of her.




Brenda made this apron for me. Hey, even the best chefs don't follow recipes. It tastes more eccentric this way!!!





Saturday Dad and I went shopping and watched football. We had a great time just enjoying each other. That night we all went to the theater to see "Steel Magnolias." I think I could stand up and join the play since I know most of the quotes!!! I loved every minute of it.

Sunday Brenda made us an elegant lunch of seafood. Yummo!!! It was so great. She also made me these special cake balls. We had such a good time. I keep saying that, don't I? Dad got me new running shoes so I took a stroll in the nice weather. It was a great great great weekend. I LOVE to go home and see my family!!! They make me laugh and keep me in line. I don't think they think 30 is old either!!!

Being 30 I hope Mom is proud of what I've become. I've made some wrong turns professionally in trying to find my niche, but I do believe the quote you somehow become your parents. I hope I become even a quarter of who they are. Last time Mom saw me I was a 19 year old young lady... so much to learn, so much to face, so much to walk. She must be proud because she taught me so much about living and loving every day of her short life!!! Dad is proud even when I do stupid things and act like a child... like letting water flow onto the floor of a guest's home while in the shower!!! We can't grow up all the way ever ;)... I learn from him every single day no matter what age. And my Stepmommy teaches me humility, grace and love along the way. She is proud of all of us in different ways. I hope I continue to climb a ladder to happiness giving them accolades along the way. Of course, it's all God, He sent these people to me so it's all HIM...

Here we go. Three more days. Grin and bear it.

No comments: