Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two 'Only Julie' Stories...

Not one... but TWO "Only Julie" stories... and this one includes and "Only Julie... and Cohen" moment. Life in this stage of the economy CAN have some laughter!

One of my best friends, my sorority sister from college, Sarah Cohen and I love to workout together. She is in training for some wild marathon and my knees don't believe in marathons so tonight after borrowing her ski attire for this weekend in Ruidoso we got on the ellipticals. I like to do cardio for thirty minutes then maybe some light weights. Cohen likes to jog for hours. So we are on the EFX for a while and I remembered Sarah had been on one a long time ago that didn't work correct, but she looks at my time and thinks it is fine. She has hers covered with a magazine. We go and go... and we are like, "Man, it's only been seventeen minutes." I told her to just keep entertaining me. Well, my legs were getting tired and that is not normal. It just felt like forever had passed. So finally Cohen picks up her magazine to read me an article and realizes that though my timer says 25 minutes hers says something like 45! Both of us had no idea to check her timer and we just kept on going thinking we were just totally out of our minds to wonder why our legs were getting tired. I guess I burned off enough calories to tell you the next story...

I had this grand idea for one of Nick's Valentines gifts to bake cookies with banana in them. He loves bananas. So I told Sarah (again) a few days I wanted to put pudding in my cookies. She was bursting out laughing telling me they would be oozy and not yummy... Darn... ruin my idea. So I decided I would just put in the dry pudding mix! I also popped open the cupboard and got me out some vanilla extract, powdered sugar and sprinkles to add to my cookie mix... Then I decided that pudding might need some milk so I poured in some milk. Well... my cookies taste pretty good, but I think they are more like muffins. I am beginning to wonder if I made muffin tops? They are not attractive and they don't even resemble a cookie. Nick better eat them with a happy heart!!! I ask myself for Valentines why I decided to give a man food when they say presentation is most of the gift... ummm... I hope most of MY edible gift is taste and not presentation!!!





We are going to Ruidoso with Nick's parents to get away for a few days... They have a house up there so we will ski, tube, hang out, shop... I need an escape from reality right now with everything... This week has been good as I had a meeting with DFWReporting.com and will probably do some reporting for them... It's an online reporting station... up and coming and very promising for the the future. Nick's parents also close on the condo I will be moving into... not WITH him; he has his own house... they will rent it to me! It is gorgeous... I love it... These photos were taken with the previous owner's furniture...


Happy Cupid!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie! I love reading your stories!! I do miss you and Cohen so much!! We have got to do dinner sometime! Also, you will be so proud of me... I finally posted a blog! luv ya!!

Di said...

I think the cookies look yummy!!! haha I enjoyed being on the phone with you through the ordeal... quite entertaining!

Kelly said...

very cute condo! Love the bathroom.