Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Big Sale

I got my first big sale today and I felt as if I was walking on clouds. It is not about the money at all... it's about the feeling of accomplishment. I have had a couple fall through, but I knew in my heart each time it wasn't real. So when it finally happened I just knew and I will forever remember the person and remember their circumstances and remember the wording. As he left my co-workers were jumping up and down so excited for me. They knew I wanted to get my first one out of the way so I could focus on the many others down the line. I am still new in this world and yes, I am a good marketer, but no, I am not a salesman. I sell with my personality... I don't cut to the core and that can be both good and bad for me. The best part was feeling the excitement of the whole office. Everyone was actually thrilled and they knew it wasn't about me being a shark, but truly caring and truly loving my job and my community. I went to a meeting this morning at the headquarters and just smiled because the room was filled with amazing people... they just exuded professionalism and wonder. I was eager to meet them and excited to be with such an amazing place. I miss news every day, but I know for now the best thing for me is to be in this wonderful place with such a wonderful company.