Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thrilled

First question. Does anyone know what today is?

No... because I have weird anniversaries. NINE years ago today I ended my basketball career. My ACL tore in half for the second time and my "life" was gone. It was God... I know now... because it lead me to One Act Play - one of the best times of my life. I didn't have to play under that hideous witch of a coach whom still haunts me in my dreams. I was burned out truth be told. My mother went to all of my games, but this was a day game so she was not there and oddly my Dad was! He had to miss some games due to work... He quietly let me finish out the day with my friends, but he knew... he knew my knee was shot! I told him not to tell Mom because she'd freak out. Nahhhh they made me go to the doctor! Where's my anniversary cake?

I truly believe God is always trying to teach me things and show me things. Sometimes I forget in the hustle and bustle, but there are way too many "coincidences" in life. Just today I got a letter in the mail from my a company that had been bought out by another company blah blah blah... well, a long time ago I tried to roll over a very old 401 K of mine from working at the news station in Abilene. Somehow in the new company all of my usernames were lost so I just put it on the back burner because it was only a few hundred dollars. Well, lately it was bothering me that it was my money and I just wanted it. I was wondering if God could throw me some money or something... strangely almost three years after leaving KTAB I get this envelope saying they have my information and my address now... so I could roll it over or take it out... coincidence?


Thanksgiving is filling the air! I am thrilled! So excited to see everyone and eat some great food! I adore Brenda's family!!! They are such nice people. Really Thanksgiving is opening season for Christmas to me. Maybe I'll get up at 5 AM to shop with Brenda!!! Ummm... maybe? I read Tammy's blog about cooking a turkey. I didn't know you had to find its neck. I am not cooking a turkey - EVER. I like Thanksgiving desserts!!! Who cares about turkey?!!

We went to House of Blues tonight for a work function. It was really neat. I had never been before. I love the city, but I think I like living on the outskirts of actual downtown and all of the action. Too much for me! I got hit on by a scary hispanic man and then a beggar asked me for money. Ahhh... the atmosphere of the place was amazing though!

And lastly... Delilah has Christmas music on at night now. I am THRILLED!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I have been listening to Delilah every chance I get, I too have a scary woman who haunts me in my dreams- my old boss, I don't think I will ever get over how afraid she made me.