Monday, December 15, 2008

Wintry Wonder Weekend

Calling today a winter day might be a bit of an understatement. Of course, if it was to be snowing I could really call it a winter day, but the brisk mountainous air makes my always cold self call it a winter day! I would like to sit by my fire, but if one was to look at previous entries one would realize the Christmas to-do list never finishes. I finished most of my shopping, but my nails, laundry and wrapping just aren’t done. This week I get to attend the Dallas symphony and the Gray Christmas Bash, too!

Friday Nick, Tony, Geoff and I went looking at lights. There are so many places to choose, but we chose Deerfield in Plano. It was so beautiful. There were limos and horse drawn carriages. I still say not much can compare to the lights in Big Spring. It seems neighbors are always trying to outdo neighbors so you get a great show there. Growing up I lived on the Christmas light street. There was a legend that in your papers you had to sign to put up lights! As I grew up the lights dimmed, but when I was little our whole street was Christmas insanity. I always enjoyed getting on the roof with Dad and stapling in lights. It was always a special time for us. I think there is an old story where one time Dad rolled off the roof. I don’t know the details, but it always scared me into staying away from the edges!



This weekend was Sarah Cohen’s 27th birthday. We threw her a party at her house. It ended up being a bunch of girls sitting around chatting. It was so much fun! It made me nostalgic because I could swear it was just yesterday that Stephanie and I flew down to surprise her for her 21st birthday in Austin. I’m old. She’s old, too. Sarah is so special to me.





I also spent alllll day Saturday shopping for Christmas gifts. From downtown Plano to the Galleria up to NorthPark then finally finding what I really wanted at SteinMart! It really isn’t smart to hit the mall during the holidays. I wanted to hit actual people.


I cannot resist adding these photos. Stephanie, Sarah and I met on Bid Day in college. We spent the first frat party night roaming around as we didn’t know much about frat parties. We took a picture at one house that night and from then on we have taken pictures in the same positions!!! I love these girls!





I’m glad it feels like Christmas outside. I DVR’ed a bunch of lifetime movies so I can watch them this week. I don’t want to waste one minute of holiday thrill.

1 comment:

Pleasant Living said...

those are great pics of beautiful women! stay warm!