Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

It's officially 2009. I just cannot believe it. My whole world is going to the Cotton Bowl today, but I am stuck at work... bored... All my friends from high school, my sorority sisters, my crowd... all tailgating for the game!!! Wait, why is the rest of the world on a normal corporate schedule and I am not?!

Justin, Stefan & Donna

We rang in 2009 at Nick's house. There were about 25 people there. It was a lot of fun. We all just hung out and enjoyed life. I like to watch Dick Clark, but I don't understand why he has teeny boppers perform then throws in some Lionel Richie. Maybe I should have just watched Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper! I don't have the best photos because I'm sure Ashton's camera has those, but I was able to snag a few. I'll steal the best from the other folks later. At a minute before midnight being me I was trying to set up my timer for a group photo, but Nick was yelling at me because he thinks I am insane with my pictures... so at about 20 seconds I gave up and stood by him! I didn't want to ring in the year with a "bang!"


We all counted down and for a split second I was nostalgic about the past year and just remembering all of it. Each year is almost a triumph to get through for everyone because the world never stops spinning.

Shanna
Ashton, Julie, Nick
My sorority sister, Keilly


Everyone makes fun of Nick's stupid Guns Up... so he had to do it.
Blake & his new girlfriend


I pray 2009 is a good year. I'm almost afraid to face it because a new slate means anything can happen. There are some things I would really like to change in my life, but it takes so much to change things within yourself. I don't have a set resolution as I said before, but I would like to just make some things happen that would enhance my life both professionally and personally. Hey, I already "cooked" queso last night... that starts the beginning of my cooking "resolution"!!!

Well, Nick and I both have a lot of friends in from out of town for the game. Kacie's bachelorette party is this weekend and I get to see Jana! We are getting a limo and jetting around downtown and staying in a historic hotel. She'll love it! I'm excited to enter the first weekend of 2009! Cheers!!!

No comments: